Monday, October 18, 2010

I Heart You, You Haunt Me

1832749
Book: I Heat You, You Haunt Me
Author: Lisa Schroeder

Blurb:
Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...
...sort of.

Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.
Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

My Review:
WOW. How can I describe this book? The phrase "hauntingly beautiful" comes to mind. It is just so gorgeous, and poetic, and has such raw emotion.
While I will admit at first I was nervous about reading it, because I had never read a novel in verse before, I ended up absolutely loving this book! The story of Ava and Jackson's love is timeless in its originality and the verse format really drew me into the story. This book made me become Ava, I felt the same emotions as Ava, I felt the same pain...it was a strange experience..but in a good way. The thing I loved the most about this book though, is that the writing tells a certain emotion but makes the reader feel a different emotion.
For example the fact that Jackson is a ghost, Ava is so happy her love is back, and the reader is so happy her love is back, but at the same time it tells it in a way that the reader is a little creeped out (at least I was!)The writing in this novel is superb beyond words. There are many parts of this novel describing the presence of Jackson, the cold air and his breath on her skin, it just gave me the chills and goose bumps. I just want to write down every quote from this book that I loved, but it would basically be the whole book. Every single sentence, every line, every word, was just so beautiful--I wish I could find another way to describe it.
This book was just so haunting and so emotional when I stepped into Ava's world for those couple hours of my life. I just loved this book, I want to read it over and over again. This book is fairly a quick read and I would recommend it book to anyone. I could not think of a reason to not enjoy this book. (:
Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment