Wednesday, October 13, 2010

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

this lullaby
Book: This Lullaby
Author: Sarah Dessen

Blurb:
When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to understand what those love songs are all about?


My Review:
This was probably my 5th time reading this book- it is definitely one of my top favorite novels. Every time I tell myself, “You know, Jenny your getting older, you probably won’t like this book as much as you did before…” but each time this book is better and better. Sarah Dessen is my all time favorite author, and it is not only because of her amazing writing style, but because her book (The Truth About Forever) was the first book I remember reading as a teen that I loved—which started my lifelong passion for reading.
This Lullaby is one of my top favorites by Sarah Dessen. It is about Remy Starr, who after seeing her mother go through divorce after divorce, does not really believe in love. This is also due to her father, a famous one hit wonder musician, who was not involved in her life. He is the man behind the famous song “This Lullaby”, which he wrote about Remy in a motel room after he found out she was born. Remy is about to go to college at Stanford and wants to have a carefree summer with her friends. All of this changes when she meets Dexter, a boy who is completely against her organized manner and standards. He is a musician, who is kind of a dork (though I adore that about him) and for some reason or another their paths keep crossing. He is 100% different than any of the previous guys she has dated and she is certain that she hates this guy, who annoys her more than anything. However, with a long summer ahead and endless possibilities, Remy might finally let her guard down. 

This is the most comical novel by Sarah Dessen, in my opinion. I always read this book to get such a laugh at how much of a dork Dexter is and I always fall in love with him again and again. This book is full of laughs, heartbreak, romance, friendship, and love. Overall, Sarah Dessen never disappoints—as this book shows.

Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment